DLP Exam Registration
NOTE: Starting December 2017 there will be a change in exam fee structure (effective MAY2018 Exam cycle) and material purchase costs. Details coming soon ...
Registration is now open for the November 2017 Exam Cycle
- Registration start date - September 1st.
- Registration close date - September 25th. (No exceptions. Please anticipate last minute rush and register ahead of the deadline.)
- Grace period for late registration is till September 30th. (No exceptions beyond the deadline.)
- Late registration carries a late fee of 10$ (in addition to 40$ registration fee).
SYSTEM OVERLOAD OR OTHER ERRORS THAT PREVENT LAST MINUTE REGISTRATION CANNOT BE ACCOMMODATED. PLEASE PLAN ON REGISTERING IN TIME.
Please read the instructions on this page before registering.
Register here - Registration Link for NOV2017 Exams - Please click here - Open
There are two ways of taking exams.
- Supervised (leading to issuance of certificates)
- Non Supervised (no certificates will be issued)
A student is allowed to attempt more than one exam in a particular exam cycle (May or November). (Not recommended for those who are repeating a level).
Online registration for exams opens two months before the scheduled exam months. Currently, the exams are conducted in the months of May (registration opens 1st of March and ends 25th of March) and November (registration opens 1st of September and ends 25th of September) each year. Registrations may close early (without prior notice) based on number of registrants. Grace period for late registration is from 26th of the registration month to the last day of the respective months (31st of March or 30th of September). It includes a late fee of 10$. Online registration will seek information such as registrant’s name, contact information, exam level, exam day preference and address of invigilator. The student can select any date within the month for which the exam registration is open. Any exception to this will automatically lead to the disqualification of the exam.
NOTE : Incorrect / incomplete invigilator / student contact information may lead to voiding of the registration.
This exam is for those who desire an official certificate upon successful completion of the course work. At the time of exam registration (online), a student is asked to provide contact details of an invigilator who is willing to provide supervision for the exam. Please see below criteria for being an invigilator and some of his/her expected responsibilities. The exam can be arranged on a date and at a place that is mutually convenient to the invigilator and the student. However, once this is decided (place and time), we request that both the student and the invigilator commit to it. No change of date beyond the exam month (May or November, as the case may be) will be entertained.
An invigilator maybe a friend, colleague or a local Samskrita Bharati volunteer. (The invigilator is bound by the rules made by DLP. For any need, DLP has to be contacted. Any violation of the rules may cause the exam to be invalidated. If the invigilator is not able to spare the 4 hours to do the job right, please use a different invigilator.) The primary job of an Invigilator is to make sure that the integrity of the exam is not compromised in any way (for example, making sure that the students do not use unfair means to pass the exam). Some of the responsibilities of the invigilator are listed below. Instructions are sent to the invigilator at least a week before the scheduled exam date via regular mail. The invigilator is NOT expected to incur any expenses (for those in the US), nor is he/she expected to know Samskritam. All instructions are provided in English. The typical time required of an invigilator to fulfill the responsibility is about 4 hours per exam [3 hours supervising the exam and an hour of admin work].
Please make sure the invigilator you select is able to carry out ALL of the following responsibilities. Any violation is likely to jeopardize your exam.
An invigilator cannot be any of the following
- Spouse / Mother / Father / Son (/in-law) / Daughter (/in-law) / Sibling
- A person living at the same address as the student taking the exam
- A fellow student taking the same level exam later (or earlier) in the same cycle
- A family member of another student who is taking the same level exam as he / she is being requested to invigilate.
Responsibilities of an Invigilator
- Make sure the integrity of the exam is upheld
- While the exam is in progress, remind students of the remaining time on the exam
- Once the exam is completed verify that the information sheet is appropriately filled by the student
- Make either a photocopy or scan the answer sheet as a back-up, in case the original gets lost in the mail
- Mail back the answer sheets using pre-paid envelope(s) (provided for invigilators within US)
- Inform DLP of any absentee student
- Follow any additional instructions provided
The package is a TWO-IN-ONE! Along with the study of Samskritam, you will enrich your knowledge about the great heritage of India.